property investment for sale in Cambridge
- Period building with modern single storey extension to rear
- Retail unit let to Design Matters Kitchens
- First floor flat let to the current owner’s daughter
- Ground floor flat to rear currently being refurbished (this has consent for retail use also)
- Approximately 2 miles to Cambridge city centre
- Car parking to front and rear
The property is located on Shelford Road Trumpington on the outskirts of Cambridge with excellent access to the M11, Cambridge City centre (approximately two miles) and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, and comprises a period building with a ground floor retail unit with cloakroom and kitchen facilities, a first floor flat above with kitchen, sitting room, bathroom and bedroom, and a ground floor flat to the rear which is currently being renovated and comprises a sitting room/kitchen, shower room and a bedroom. There is car parking to the front and to the rear of the property.
The property benefits from the following features: –
- Prominent frontage to Trumpington Road
- Off road car parking
- Ground floor and first floor let
- Rear flat with consent for residential and retail uses
- Potential to convert to single dwelling (subject to existing leases)
- Adjacent house also potentially available
Ground floor retail unit 43.9 sq m (473 sq ft) approx.
Ground floor unit/residential flat 42.2 sq m (454 sq ft) approx.
First floor flat 41.2 sq m (444 sq ft) approx.
The retail unit is currently let to Design Matters on a lease expiring in February 2018. The current rent is £9,000 per annum although this has previously been rented at £12,000 per annum. The first floor flat is occupied by the current owner’s daughter and she is willing to remain in occupation and a new Assured Shorthold tenancy can be signed. She is currently paying a discounted rent of £550 but the flat has previously rented for £650 per month. The ground floor flat to the rear is currently vacant pending completion of renovation work which will be carried out prior to sale.
Please contact Goodman Property on 01223 873195 for further information.